Family Photography Checklist – The Woodlands, Texas
There is nothing more special than family photos, and every family photographer wants to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible during this special occasion. You will find here an in-depth checklist which you can use to walk you through every step of the portrait process to help you feel
confident and prepared for your session.
Your family photo session in The Woodlands, Texas
- The day before your photoshoot, you should schedule an appointment for hair, nails, and/or makeup the day before your photoshoot.
- Plan your outfits at least a week in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute when it comes to styling your outfit. Make sure you plan your outfits at least one week in advance. You should plan out these details as soon as possible if you want to wake up feeling relaxed and prepared when you wake up each morning.
- If you would like to have specific props, mementoes, or special types of photos captured during your photo session, you should prepare a list of these items. As gifts, some families bring heirloom quilts, stuffed animals, embroidered keepsakes, or other heirloom items that are part of their family history.
- Some families have specific ideas about the kind of photograph they would like to be taken and the way they would like it to be taken. You may want to brainstorm these preferences in advance if you have any.
- Make sure you review all the information that your family photographers have sent you regarding your session, such as links to blog posts, the Session Guide, or Wardrobe vision boards that you may have received from your photographer. Throughout all of these guides, you will find a wealth of information and tips that will prove to be very helpful for a wide variety of purposes!
- The night before, make sure that everyone gets a good night’s sleep.
- Dress appropriately for the weather, of course! In order for your event to be a success, it is essential that everyone feels comfortable while they are attending!
- Wear colors that complement each other, such as earth tones and neutral colors.
- There is a lot of time and effort involved in editing out bra straps and panty lines on your pictures, even if your family photographer is experienced at using Photoshop. It is important that your clothing covers your undergarments properly, no matter what
type of movement scenario you are in.
- Dresses are usually worn by women instead of pants because they are more effective in capturing movement and generally look more flattering in photographs than pants do.
- Keep in mind when planning your outfit that it may be difficult to pose for seated photos when you have a short dress on.
- It is important that you wear comfortable shoes and clothing that you are able to move around
in. If you find that your dress suddenly gets too short when you bend over, or your pants become too
tight that you can’t sit down when you wear them, opt for articles of clothing that are more
- In order to make your photographs stand out and create visual interest and movement, it is suggested that you wear bowties, suspenders, hats, flower headbands, chunky scarves, flowing dresses and skirts that create visual interest and movement in your photographs.
- You may want to carry some touch up items with you to your family photo session to enhance
your appearance, such as lipstick or a hairbrush, if you want to enhance your appearance as part of
your family photo session.
- Be sure to provide your kids them with snacks and bribes in order to keep them focused.
- You want to be able to walk comfortably, it is important that you wear comfortable shoes. It is likely that you will walk short to moderate distances on unpaved trails, some of which may have some hills in between them. Wearing comfortable shoes is vital for being able to walk comfortably for the duration of your day.
I hope that this list will assist you as you plan your family photography session for the future. If your looking for an affordable family photographer serving The Woodlands area, let us help! Below you will find some links to help you narrow down you search for the perfect family photographer!